Pages

Sunday, October 2, 2011

Hi, My Name Is Mandy...

...and I'm addicted to Pinterest! Seriously, I love this site! You'd be addicted too if you glanced at it just once! I have my future sister-in-law, Marie, to thank for my Pinterest addiction. Thanks, Marie! :)

Not only is Pinterest awesome for wedding planning, it's also very useful for home decorating ideas, DIY projects, and learning how to cook - which is what I'm doing today! Ok, ok so i'm not really LEARNING how to cook because I guess I already know how to do that, let's just say I'm becoming a better and more experienced cook! I don't think Matthew will complain about this down the road!

Friday night Matt and I made our second ever recipe from Pinterest. The first we really didn't like! So after a lot of searching and thinking about what wouldn't fail... we decided on....... BUFFALO CHICKEN BITES!

They were absolutely a success. As soon as we have a house or more space in our apartment for more than 5 people we will have our friends and family over and these will definitely be on the appetizer menu! They were quick and easy to make and I still can't believe how yummy they were!
Buffalo Chicken Bites - Recipe





Since my future hubs is golfing today I thought I'd do a little more in the kitchen. Today I'm making a Pepperoncini Beef Roast in the crock pot. This is not a recipe from Pinterest, but I might have to add it if it turns out how I think it will! I got this recipe from a friend at work who made it for a potluck months ago. I begged and begged for the longest time for a copy of the recipe and she finally gave in! YES!!! This roast is ideal for a cold fall day and as it's cooking it smells so good (I hope it tastes as good as J's does)!! shouldn't be much longer until it's done! Matt should be home just as the roast is finished!

I also decided that since I haven't done much baking lately I would bake some pumpkin muffins! I did find this recipe on Pinterest but altered it just a little. These are pumpkin muffins, but I turned mine into a pumpkin cupcake. I thought it seemed a little boring as they were so I made a buttercream frosting to put on top! I am not allowing myself to have one until Matt gets home... so I hope he hurries!

Also, the recipe for the pumpkin muffins did not include a baking temperature OR a bake time. Nice, huh? I made up my own. I baked these at 375° for about 25 minutes and that seemed to have done the trick.. I'll let you know how they turn out!

Pumpkin Muffin - Recipe



1 comment:

  1. Those buffalo chicken bites look amazing! Were they really spicy?

    ReplyDelete