Pages

Tuesday, October 11, 2011

A Very Productive Week!!

I'm very relieved this week because I was finally able to book a florist! Matthew and I met with Jan from Flowers on Orchard Lane this past Sunday and L-O-V-E-D her! She was so awesome. She took my ideas and made them better. Most of the other florists would allow me my favorite flower (peonies) in my bouquet but to keep costs down would not use them anywhere else. Jan is using them EVERYWHERE!! We also came up w/ the idea that we would have the bridesmaids alternating between 4 different bouquets. My original idea was to have each of them in a different bridesmaid dress but when that proved to be too difficult to accomplish, I wanted them to have something that made them stand out amongst each other. I told Jan about my idea of wanting them each to have a different bouquet and she agreed that it was a really fun idea. In order to keep costs down (and not to stray too far off course), we decided that there would be 4 different bouquets for the girls and any one bouquet would be used twice. <--- I hope I explained that in a way that's easy to understand. :)

Also, I found a bridesmaid dress!! Aside from picking a florist this was my main concern. Nothing I looked at seem to go with the look I have in my head. Last week while Pinteresting ;) I googled "Champagne Bridesmaid Dresses." I've absolutely googled bridesmaid dresses before but never in my wildest dreams thought to filter it again by adding the word champagne! It was definitely an epiphany! So much easier to pull up a site and have a dress pop up in the color you want! Now if only all the samples at the stores would come in my color too, life would be perfect! Everything I had seen prior to finding this dress either seemed too formal or too eighties! Hehe :) Last weekend a few of my bridesmaids and I went to the store where THE dress is located and tried it on. It looked great on one of the girls because it fit her a little better. I do feel as though once the girls all have it in their own size it's going to look great on all of them. I haven't told them that this is THE dress yet so... SURPRISE!!! That's the dress!! I love it so much I want one for myself. Here's a pic!!














Cute, right? I love the high neck line, I love how it's pleated, I love the flower, I love the color. Everything about this dress seems just perfect for our wedding. I can't wait to tell ALL the girls and get the dresses ordered!!

As I am blogging this evening I'm waiting for the future hubs to finish showering after his long day at work so we can have our first meeting with a DJ! I am very excited about meeting with a DJ from this company. I know 3 people who used a DJ from this company at their own wedding and none of them have anything bad to say about them! Hopefully the person we meet with with exceed our expectations of what we're looking for in a DJ. It would be so nice to only have to meet with one!! :)





1 comment:

  1. Yay for Flowers on Orchard Lane... i hope you end up loving them as much as I did!!! love jan!

    ReplyDelete