Pages

Monday, November 25, 2013

Sadie Marie - 3 Weeks

Today I spent the majority of my day cuddling my sweet Sadie-Bug. I didn't get the laundry done, I didn't do the dishes in the sink. I didn't shower until my husband came home from work. I just held my sweet 3 week old baby - mostly because I can't get enough of her, but also because she was being a fussy buns today :)

I love her squishy lips in this picture

*Sadie enjoys baths in her bathtub - so much better than the sponge-type baths we had to do before.
*She loves to be held up right, if cradling her has her fussing holding her completely vertical will almost always get her to quiet down.
*She loves napping and being rocked in her glider.
*She loves to cluster feed in the evenings - I'm thankful she doesn't do it in the middle of the night!
*She LOVES car rides!

Although the weather is becoming unbearably cold (yes, I said it's unbearably cold and it's not even December), we're going to try to venture out a couple of times a week. I think I'll walk around the mall with her, we need to go to the grocery store, and I have some gift cards that need to be used for no particular reason other than shopping is fun, I also have some crafty projects I want to complete as well - 1 in particular for Sadie's room! 

One of my favorite things to do these days is to watch her sleep. Even though it's just a reflex right now, my heart just melts when I see her smile or giggle in her sleep. It gives me a glimpse of what her smile will be like in a couple of months when she's doing it for real!

I can't believe next week I'll be doing a 1 month post! Sadie has her first holiday this week - Thanksgiving! We have lots of family who still haven't met her and will finally get to meet her on Thursday! We also have her kidney ultrasound next Tuesday. I'm anxious to find out what the outcome is, although with as much as this baby pees, I can't imagine it'll be anything other than a passing grade :)

No comments:

Post a Comment