Pages

Monday, July 22, 2013

24 Weeks!


Ok, so today I'm actually 24 weeks 2 days... but we had such a busy weekend I didn't get around to posting until now! 

I had Friday off work for my ultrasound and that kicked off one of the busiest weekends we've had in a while! Our ultrasound went well. Which I am so thankful for! I was incredibly nervous before the scan. My blood pressure was so high, I'm surprised they didn't want to admit me to the hospital or something! The CPC on Sadie's brain is gone! Wahoo!!! Such a relief. This is what I was mainly concerned about. Her left kidney is still dilated but our doctor said it's in the mild to moderate range and it's not anything she's worried about, but we'll go back in 5 weeks to check it out again. I think normally they expect something like this to resolve by birth but if it doesn't depending on the severity they will give antibiotics or in really severe cases, perform surgery on the little babes. We're praying that Sadie doesn't have to do either of these, and are glad we're being monitored so closely! 

After my ultrasound we went to Ikea! We have an Ikea store about 2 hours away and we had never been so we decided to check it out since we both have the day off. We were planning to get a crib we had seen online and a dresser. We ended up getting the dresser but not the crib. It wasn't what we were expecting so we'll keep looking! After Ikea I met my friend Kristin at the mall to look for a wedding day hair accessory for her upcoming wedding. Then Matthew and I went to his friends house for a going away party. 

Saturday I relaxed at home for a bit after running a few errands and then we went to the Columbus Jazz & Rib fest with our friends Kelli & Matt. It was fun, we didn't stay long because it was about to start down pouring, but this was the best year yet. It was overcast and I think that kept a lot of the crowds away because the lines weren't long at all! Plus, I got my funnel cake which is the only reason I really wanted to go in the first place. After the J&R Fest we went to another of Matthew's friends houses for a birthday party! 

On Sunday we had 2 birthday parties to attend which capped off our weekend. Matthew golfed earlier in the day and we were both exhausted by the time we got home at 6pm. My body was aching like I had just run a marathon. We are definitely taking it easy this weekend. 

Today I had my glucose screening at my doctor's office. I was super nervous about having to drink the Trutol. Especially at work (I was afraid it was going to come back up), but it wasn't really as bad as I was expecting it to be. I got it down in about 3 gulps and it stayed down! Wahoo! Now I'm just waiting on the results. I hope to get them tomorrow?!? I won't be a happy camper if I have to do the 3 hour test, that's for sure. My doctor seems to think I'll be fine though. We'll see. I also had to get the pertussis vaccine. I remember once someone told me that it hurts really bad. It didn't. I really need to stop listening to other people. I think they are just trying to scare me.

Now on to the bumpdate: 
 
How far along? 24 weeks
How big is baby? The Bump says a cantaloupe. Matthew agrees that it looks like I have a cantaloupe in my belly :)  
Total weight gain: It's going back and forth between 12-13 pounds. We won't mention what my doctor's scale said today but the MFM place had a completely different number (as did my scale) and I'm pretty sure I haven't gained 3+ pounds in 2 days.
Maternity clothes? Yes!!! 
Stretch marks? None!
Sleep:  I love sleeping.

Best moment this week: Seeing our baby girl at our ultrasound on Friday! I love love love seeing her move around in there!  
Miss Anything? Not missing anything right now!!

Movement: She moves around so much and I love every second of it!
Food cravings: Just had a craving for pancakes. That was resolved when I ate them for dinner a minute ago!  
Anything making you queasy or sick: NO!
Gender: Baby Girl!!
Labor Signs: Nope!
Symptoms: Some minor heart burn, the pulsing in my ear is still here but it's easy(ish) to ignore when I am busy. My back is slightly achy, but nothing to complain about. 
Belly Button in or out? Still an innie.

Wedding rings on or off? They are still on and loose most of the time. 
Happy or Moody most of the time:  Happy, happy, happy!
Looking forward to: We have a hospital tour on Wednesday! A celebratory dinner for my brother in law and FSIL tomorrow, and another ultrasound on 8/16! Excited for ultrasounds of my pregnant friends coming up in the next few weeks as well! Bridal showers and bachelorette parties galore coming up soon!
24w2d bump :)

No comments:

Post a Comment