Pages

Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Day Two: Your Favorite Movie

This is another diffucult topic because I love movies oh-so-much! I love all kinds of movies...scary movies used to be my favorite but, believe it or not, I actually can't watch them anymore. I usually some how end up alone at the end of a scary movie and become extremely paranoid that either I'm going to become possessed as Emily did in the Exorcism of Emily Rose, or that Freddy Kreuger or Jason is going to be hiding in the back seat of my car, or that Leatherface - or whatever his name is - will be waiting for me in my room. Of all the scary movie creepers out there, the scariest by far is Michael Myers. I get the heebie-jeebies just thinking about him.

These days I like to stick to rom-coms and the like. Pretty much anything with Adam Sandler, Vince Vaughn, or Leo DiCaprio will keep me entertained for 120 minutes. Ok, so again, in no particular order- here they are:

1. P.S. I Love You - Oh. My. Gosh. If you don't like this movie. You're crazy. Or a guy. I try to watch this movie as often as possible when the future hubs isn't home. It's a great movie to watch if you feel like you just need a good cry. Necessary items while watching: a bottle glass of wine and/or a pint of your favorite ice cream and a LARGE box of tissues. :)

2. Gran Torino - I love this movie because it's proof that people can change. The movie follows a Korean War vet who pretty much hates life. His neighbor, an asian teenage boy seems to be the brunt of all Walt's anger. By the end of the movie he's formed a friendship with the family who lives next door. I don't want to give away too much of the ending in case anyone who hasn't seen it wants to watch BUT, you may need tissues for this one too!

3. Just Go With It - This is a new movie that came out this year. Matthew and I saw it sometime last month, and it was hilarious! I laughed out loud more times than I thought I would during this movie. Maybe because the storyline is so far fetched- whatever it was, this movie made me laugh. Adam Sandler plays a plastic surgeon who manages to convince his assitant and her kids to be his ex-wife and children. They take a "family" vacation to Hawaii with the new girlfriend and chaos ensues. I have only seen this movie once and it has become a favorite. So I highly recommend it!

So difficult to pick just one favorite, so I gave you three! Hope you're happy. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment