Pages

Sunday, October 13, 2013

36 Weeks

Wahoo! 36 weeks and 4 left to go! I'd really appreciate having only 2 weeks to go, so hopefully Sadie is just as ready to meet us as we are to meet her. I am exhausted. All the time. We were in Home Depot for about 30 minutes today and I really thought about getting one of those power scooter things so I didn't have to walk. That's how much I loathe doing anything these days. Yesterday I got my hair trimmed, went to Hobby Lobby and came home and slept for about 3 hours. That was nice. Maybe I'll do that again today.

We have no more ultrasounds! Our last was on 10/7 and went as expected. Sadie's left kidney is still dilated - more so than it has been before. It went from 13 down to 11 and this time it was back up to 15mm so no major changes and the doctor's think I'm far enough along and her fluid levels are still great that I don't need to be seen again. They estimated her at 6 pounds (I was 35w2d at the u/s) which apparently I am still coming to terms with. I know they can be off by a pound or two, and their measurements truly can't be that accurate (I keep telling myself this). I am so scared that this little one isn't going to be so little! The u/s tech guessed that she would probably gain 2 more pounds before birth so we're looking at about 8 pounds (hopefully)! I'd hoped that I would birth a 6 pound baby -- still crossing my fingers for somewhere between 6-7.5!!

How far along? 36w1d
How big is baby? Baby is the size of a honeydew melon.
Total weigh gain? I weighed myself yesterday, I am up 30 pounds from where I started.
Maternity clothes? Always.
Stretch marks? The one above my belly button is definitely one. So Sad.
Sleep?  Pretty decent. I'm excited to be able to sleep on my back/belly again. Side sleeping is getting old.
Best moment this week? It was fun to see Sadie via ultrasound this week. Even if we really didn't get to see much of her b/c she's so far down/always hiding her face! The u/s tech giggled over the amount of hair it looks like she has already! I can't wait to meet her and see what she looks like!!
Miss anything? Yep, lots of stuff. I miss having energy, I want to cry when I see a delicious looking alcoholic beverage that I cant have... check this one out...
Movement? Yep, she still finds a way to wiggle around in there!
Food cravings? Chili. But I can't find the recipe we had for a really good chili so until I find something that looks pleasing and I can convince the hubs to go to the store to pick up the ingredients, I won't be eating any chili!
Anything making you queasy or sick? Nope
Gender? Baby girl!
Labor signs? I'm thinking I've had a few contractions. Nothing time-able/regular.
Symptoms? Peeing too much, very low energy, contractions, did I say peeing a lot yet? :)
Belly button in, or out? It's still either out or flat most of the time.
Wedding rings on or off? I still have my band on. I did take my engagement ring off, for no particular reason other than I don't want it to get stuck. I don't like to wear it when I shower because I feel like it gets dirty/grimy faster.
Happy or moody most of the time? Really happy!!
Looking forward to? Meeting this girl! I'm ready for her and hope she's ready for us! C'mon baby girl! Let's plan a labor and delivery for next weekend when I'll officially be full term! I'm excited for my appointment on Wednesday. I'll have my first internal exam and am curious to know if I'm dilated at all. My friend Emily did crush my dreams though. I knew a person could be 1-2 cm dilated for weeks but totally thought that if you were 3cm it meant that baby could come SOON. Not the case. You can definitely be 3cm for weeks as well. Boo.

And now for some nursery updates - It's almost complete. We have some shelves we need to put up and some frames that will need to go on the walls. My MIL is making a crib skirt, and the crib needs to be lowered just slightly. We also need to put her closet door back on, and will eventually purchase a new bedroom door, or paint hers white. I think we'll try to paint hers first and see how it turns out!

 Excuse the carpet samples, we were making some carpet decisions
 Love this owl my FSIL made! This will go on one of the shelves
 Love this 'S' my SIL made, this will go above her dresser with frames on either side
 Dresser/Diaper changing area

Crib and glider. Notice she already has her first Hello Kitty doll :) 

I almost forgot, we also need to get blinds and curtains, and my friend Kelli made a name banner for my baby shower that we'll likely hang above her crib!

2 comments:

  1. Yay for the nursery update finally! ;) It looks so good, I want to see in person! Make sure you get blackout curtains, they're amazing! Target, Meijer, and Walmart sell a brand called "Eclipse" and they're really affordable and work excellent!
    I love your bump pic this week and I'm excited I got to see it in person too!
    Sorry I crushed your dreams about dilation....hopefully I'm in the minority and it won't happen to you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What crib is that? I think you might have the same crib as Foster =) And you do have the same dresser! We have good taste, you and I!!!! I can't wait to hear how your appointment goes and if you are effacing or dilating at all! Some people stay at 2,3 or 4 cms for weeks and some dont. Its more about the change than the amount of dilation. So if you go one week and are not dilated at all and then are 3 the next week that is a really positive labor sign. So once you have a starting point it is easier to tell! Also she will probably tell you which way your cervix is facing, if it has come forward and isnt pointing back anymore that is a good sign too!!!

    ReplyDelete