Pages

Sunday, October 20, 2013

37 Weeks!

37 weeks and full term! Wahoo! It's crazy to think that this baby could be here any day! Hopefully sooner rather than later! :)

How far along? 37w1d
How big is baby? Baby is the size of a winter melon according to the bump. This looks similar to a watermelon... but longer. Hmm.
Total weigh gain? I am guessing probably 30-31 pounds. Not counting, don't really care. Is that bad?
Maternity clothes? Always, pretty excited to be able to wear normal clothes again! Who knows how long it'll be before that happens though !
Stretch marks? Still the one above my belly button. I've been slathering on the cocoa butter and that other stuff...Bio Oil. Let's hope it's helping with something? Luckily the What To Expect book says I probably won't get much bigger from here on out.
Sleep? Aside from last night... fine. Have I have told you that I have a husband that snores? Well, I do.
Best moment this week? Even though I had to wait forever at my appointment, I was really excited for it. It was my first internal exam and I found out that I am 1cm dilated and 70% effaced!! I know this doesn't mean much, but it was exciting to find out that my body is on it's way to doing what it's supposed to! Let's hope for more progress at my Tuesday appointment!
Miss anything? I miss being able to move freely pre-pregnancy. Getting out of bed, getting up off the floor... everything was so much easier!
Movement? Yep, not quite as much as before but she's still moving around. Sometimes it feels like she's trying to break out.
Food cravings? Not so far this week. My SIL is amazing and brought some chili over for us after reading my post from last week!
Anything making you queasy or sick? Nope
Gender? Baby girl!
Labor signs? Ok, so the contractions I thought I had last week turned out not to be contractions. Maybe braxton hicks, but I have no idea. I definitely felt some BH on Thursday night right before bed, they didn't hurt but I could feel my stomach getting tense. Around 3am Friday morning I woke up to what i think were actual contractions. The WTEWYE book said early labor pains can feel like gastrointestinal pains and that's exactly what these felt like. I thought that maybe I needed to use the bathroom but they would come and go every 10-15 minutes. They never got more intense or closer together and I was able to fall back asleep after about an hour.
Symptoms? Peeing a lot (still), low energy, braxton hicks/contractions, heartburn or indigestion most of the time.
Belly button in, or out? It's flat.
Wedding rings on or off? I still have my wedding band on!
Happy or moody most of the time? Really happy/excited/anxious
Looking forward to? Meeting this baby! Come on Sadie!!!! It is amazing how one minute I can be really excited and feel like I can get through labor and delivery to meet her and then other times I immediately begin panicking about labor. I already plan to get the epidural and I am assuming things will be fine after that, it's just getting to the point where I can get an epidural that kind of scares me. Right now I'm feeling ready to go. I sorta kinda left work on Friday as if I wasn't coming back. Ok so not really, but that was my hope. Tomorrow is going to be hard! I'm excited for my appointment on Tuesday to see if I've made any more progress! This time I need to remember to ask the doc if she has any "guesses" for labor. Everyone asked me about that after my last appointment and I didn't know that was something I should ask her!

3 or less bump pics left! 

I just had to share this picture of my cutie pie



3 comments:

  1. Hang in there.you will be great mother and Matt will be a wonderful Daddy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Teddy looks so comfy in that pic! I can't wait to hear your new progress at your appointment on Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. While I was reading your comment about your husband that snores my husband started snoring bc he fell asleep.... lucky us ;) haha. I had so much fun seeing you today! Justin said they had a blast at the diaper party. Cant wait to hear how your appointment goes. And WTF is a WINTERmelon?!?!

    ReplyDelete