Pages

Monday, May 6, 2013

13 Weeks!

Hellllooooo second trimester!! 

I don't know how I forgot to post our Facebook announcement. See below: 


How adorable is he?! 
We just celebrated our 1 year anniversary although, we didn't do much to celebrate. Matthew has been working A TON and I know he's stressed so I didn't want to make a big deal out of our anniversary knowing he would be thinking about work the whole time we were out doing something. My MIL put together one of his favorite dishes and I baked it for dinner on Saturday night. Although I was sound asleep when he got home at 10:30 I am pretty sure he enjoyed dinner! We did relax together yesterday after Matt got home from work (I feel like that was the first time I'd seen my husband in a week) and went out for fro-yo yesterday evening.
I feel so incredibly bad that he is as busy/stressed as he is, knowing there really isn't a lot I can do to help him or make him feel better. He has a lot of work but doesn't have the man power to get it all done by his deadlines. Luckily he just hired 2 guys on full time and another guy part time so I hope that helps lessen his load a little bit. He is such a hard worker and sometimes I don't know how he does it!!  <3

We have a lot of fun events coming up in the next few weeks and I hope he's able to enjoy himself a little bit because he truly deserves it! My BIL's girlfriend (hopefully SIL someday!) is graduating from nursing school, wahoo! She invited all of us to her graduation party next Saturday. Sunday is Mother's Day - I can't wait to celebrate with a baby in my arms!! The next Friday (5/17) we have our 3D ultrasound, beyond excited about this. The next day we have our friend's sons 1st birthday party and our sweet nephew's 2nd birthday party!! Where does the time go!? 

We originally were going to surprise ourselves with a baby outfit at a special dinner on 5/17 but Matt mentioned that he felt like we would be missing out on seeing our baby move around during the ultrasound if there were parts we couldn't watch so we decided that we'd just find out boy/girl AT the ultrasound. We also invited our parents to come since we will probably only have 1 more ultrasound after this and wanted them to experience at least one ultrasound with us, if they wanted. My mom and Matt's parents were thrilled to have been invited and I hope they're just as excited as we are for 5/17! We will announce to the rest of our family the next day at Ben's birthday party (As long as Marie & Joe are ok with it, although I think Marie is pretty excited). I think we'll go for the balloons in a box and since Ben is the man of the hour we'll let him open the box to let the balloons go. That way any family there will find out and we'll have something fun to show (my) family and the rest of Matt's family later on. We'll announce to our friends after we tell the fam on Saturday.

Now for the 13 week Baby Dickson update!! 

How far along? 13 weeks 2 days!  
How big is baby? Baby is the size of a peach! 

Total weight gain: I can never remember what my doctor's scale says but I've been checking myself on my own scale since I found out we about our wee one. I've officially gained 3 pounds. Yikes. 

Maternity clothes? I can still wear my stretchy jeans but am using the hair tie method in order to avoid buttoning them. I am wearing maternity jeans on occasion and just ordered a few more tops from target as I am in that "is she/isn't she" stage and it makes me self conscious so I still like to hide that area if possible.
Stretch marks? nope
Sleep: Wonderfully!
Best moment this week: I made it to 2nd tri! I know some people say 2nd tri is 13w3d and some people say it's 14 weeks but I say it's 13 weeks (and so does Dr. B) and I made it!!!!
Miss Anything? I am not even about to pretend I don't miss alcohol. I wasn't a big drinker but I definitely enjoyed my glass of wine/beer. I miss Pacifico. I miss margaritas. I miss wine. I miss SANGRIA!! I wasn't really even a huge sangria drinker prior to pregnancy but that's all I can think about now. I'm considering making some with the alcohol free wine.
Movement: Not yet! I can't wait to start feeling it! Some of the girls on my bump Facebook board have started feeling it and I hope I start feeling it soon! I love listening to his/her heartbeat on the doppler and hearing her move around!!! 
Food cravings: No cravings to acknowledge other than Sangria.  
Anything making you queasy or sick: Nothing in particular making me nauseous and I am hoping and praying that Saturday (13 weeks) was my last day of nausea. I was feeling really lousy, like back to how I was feeling weeks 6-9. Yuck.
Gender: 11 more days until we find out for sure!
Labor Signs: No!
Symptoms: Some nausea, bloat, potty problems (sorry), peeing a lot, exhaustion! 
Belly Button in or out? Innie!! 
Wedding rings on or off? On and loose!
Happy or Moody most of the time: Still super happy! Getting kind of emotional too.
Looking forward to: Our 3D gender scan is in 11 days! Anatomy scan is in about a month!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment