Pages

Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Gender Predictions through OWT

Since we'll be finding out on Friday if this little one is a boy or a girl I thought it would be fun to do a post of Old Wives Tales and see how many are accurate... for me. 

The Heart Rate Test
According to the OWT if the baby's heart rate is 140 bpm or less you're having a little boy. If it's more than 140 bpm you're having a little girl. 

When we heard our little ones heart beat at the doctor's office it was 167. When we do it at home and try our very best to count the beats in 10 seconds and multiply by 6 we usually get about 172-174... but this is actually really hard since it goes so fast :) This points to GIRL for us. 

The Ring Test
This one says to attach your wedding ring (or any weight object really) to a string and dangle this over your belly. If it swings back and forth you're having a girl, if it swings in a circle you're having a boy. You can also dangle it over your hand, but the opposite is true. If it swings in a circle over your hand, you're having a girl. If it swings back and forth you're having a boy. 

I had never done the belly dangle before, but I just did it. It was swinging back in forth in an odd manner... Previously when I dangled my ring over my hand it moved in a circle and I just did it again and it was moving in a circle again! This one points to GIRL also! 

Acne
This one says that if you're experiencing breakouts you're probably having a girl. If not, you may be having a baby boy! 

I have definitely had my fair share of breakouts this pregnancy (when will they end?!?), looks like this is pointing to GIRL too. 

Cravings
If you're craving salty things you're having a baby boy, but if you're craving sweets and fruits you might be having a baby girl. 

This one is inbetween for me because I am repulsed by normal sweets (cake, cookies - not ice cream) but am craving fruits. I also am craving salty things, pretzels, lays potato chips, tomatoes with salt on them... We'll give this one to BOY! 

Blood Vessels in the Eye
I have never heard this one, but they say that if you pull down the skin beneath your eye and find two blood vessels in the shape of a V then you're having a girl. If not, you can expect a little guy. 

I just checked my blood vessels in my eye and I can't really see any in the shape of a V so looks like this one goes to BOY! 

The Mother's Beauty
This OWT says that if you have kept your good looks you're having a baby boy, but if you're looking less than par you're probably having a baby girl. They say that your baby girl steals your good looks. 

There is no doubt that I'm looking a little meh these days. This one goes to GIRL, 100%.

Chinese Gender Chart
This test is based on your birthday and the month of conception.

I used the chart on BabyCenter and that predicted GIRL! 

Dreams
Do you have dreams of a baby boy, or baby girl? This OWT says that you'll have the OPPOSITE of whatever you're dreaming about. 

I always have dreams of a baby girl so it looks like we'll have to give this one to BOY!

Morning Sickness - Bleh
This one says if you experience morning sickness you're having a baby girl but if you have little/no morning sickness you could be having a little boy! 

I have definitely had some morning sickness (still going). This one goes to GIRL! 

Pee color
This OWT says that if you have bright yellow pee you're having a boy, but if it's more dull you're having a girl. 

Hmm.. I guess I don't really look at my pee all that often, but it's definitely yellow tinted so we'll give this to BOY... although I think this might mean that I need to drink more water... not that I'm having a little boy :)

Out of these 10 Old Wives Tales we have 4 pointing to a baby boy and 6 pointing to a baby girl! Only a few more days until we find out for sure!!!! :)          

        

No comments:

Post a Comment