Pages

Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Everything You Never Wanted to Know About My Pregnancy

I thought this was kind of fun...

How did you find out you were pregnant?  I was temping and my temp was still up when it would otherwise have gone way down so I decided to test on 3/2 after yet another high temp! 
What kind of Pregnancy test did you take?  I used a Wondfo and then a FRER and then a CBE Digital. 
What were your 1st symptoms? Sore boobs and less/no spotting that I had come to know and hate so much.
Who did you tell first? My husband, obviously.
Who was with you when you found out? I was in the bathroom alone at 5:45am.
My 1st reaction: What? What? No.... that's not really there. Is it? Oh my glob it is really there!!!!!! 
Was your baby planned? Very much so.
How far were you when you found out? I'm pretty sure I was about 4 weeks along.
How did your parents react? My mom said, "I knew it!" And Matt's parents cried. It was really sweet :)
Due Date:  November 9, 2013. 
Do you know the sex?  Nope but we'll be finding out on Friday!!!!
Any names? Yep, we'll have a Sadie Marie if she's a girl and we're not set on a name yet if he's a boy. Boy names are obviously harder for us so we'll really start thinking about that if we find out we're having a boy.
Any Ultrasounds?  I had one at 5w3d, 8w2d, and 12w2d and another on Friday!!  
Have you heard the heart beat?  Yep, we bought a cheap doppler to use at home and heard it at my last doctor's appointment 
Who do you think it will look like?  I couldn't even begin to guess. I hope that if it's a girl she looks like I did when I was little b/c I was adorable, obviously if it's a boy I hope he looks like Matthew. 
Will the baby have siblings?  Seriously undecided on this.
Have you felt the baby move?  Not yet. I'm pretty excited/nervous for it though.
Miscellaneous
Did you have morning sickness? I feel like it's never ending. Most days are ok now but I still have off days of random nausea.
Did you have any cravings?  red grapes and orange juice, but not together.
Did you have any mood swings?  Nope, Matthew has been pretty lucky so far.
Are you a high risk pregnancy?  No. 
Any complications? Can we count morning sickness as a complication?
Formula or Breastfeeding?  I am definitely going to try to breastfeed.
Have you bought anything for the baby yet?  I bought an I Love My Daddy onesie that I planned to use to tell Matthew that I was pregnant, but when the time came I was in so much shock that I just ran downstairs to tell him.
When did you start to show? Umm I can't really say that I'm "showing" yet. I will say I have a rather round bloat bump most of the time from probably 13 weeks on but I know it's not baby yet so I still try to suck it in as much as possible. 
How long could you wear your regular clothes?  I can still wear some of my loose tops and some of my stretchy jeans as long as I don't try to button them. 
Will you keep the baby’s clothes?  I don't really understand this question. I suppose we'll keep something and let our siblings borrow things as well.
Home or Hospital?  Hospital!!!
Natural or Medicated birth?  Medicated.
Who will be in the delivery room with you? Just my husband.
Do you think you will need a C-section?  Hmm... I'm not sure. I can't say I'd be disappointed with a pretty little scheduled c-section. Do. Not. Judge. Me.
Will you cry when you hold the baby for the 1st time?  I'm sure I will!!!! 
What’s the 1st thing you might say to the baby? I'm not sure yet. I feel like I'll be too emotional to speak.
Will you let anyone video tape the birth? Nah.
Are you excited? Very much so. A lot excited and slightly nervous.
Who will help you with the baby after the birth? My husband and our families.
What is your favorite thing about being pregnant?  My favorite thing is knowing at the end of this there will be a sweet little baby boy or girl. I also think it's fun to know that a little person is growing inside of me and he/she has little baby fingers and toes, maybe a little bit of hair is growing now, and he/she is sucking her thumb!
What is the worst thing about being pregnant? Morning sickness trumps everything at this point in time.
What’s one thing you miss doing since being pregnant?  Having a drink at the end of a long day with my husband. I miss not feeling sick. I also miss having energy and feeling like I can accomplish simple tasks like completing all of my laundry.
Any days you wish you were not pregnant?  I'm not going to go that far but I will say that one day when the m/s was just awful I did tell my husband that if this is how it's going to be I just didn't want to do "it" anymore. But I never specified what "it" was.
Are you ready for a baby?  I feel like no one is ever really ready for a baby. One's a comin' though.
Do you have insurance? I do.
How many kids do you want?  I used to want three. But now I'm thinking maybe 2 and maybe one of those will be adopted.
Do you talk to the baby?  I ask her why she makes me feel so sick sometimes. I'm sure once I start feeling the little one move around I'll talk to it more.
Do you still feel attractive?  Not in the least. Luckily my husband is really smart and tells me that I'm still beautiful. . 
Do you like kids?  I do. I especially love funny kids, so I hope my kid is hilarious.   
How far along are you now?14w4d... coooome oooooon November!!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment